| Hitting the high street (well Giles St)! |
| River Wensum meandering through the trees |
| George & Daisy (mid-left) |
| Deciduous scultures |
| Student accommodation with a view! |
We walked around & through the campus and it was something to see the energy Daisy has when she is off the lease. Well behaved and responsive to her master ... has no trouble playing nice with other dogs and we were certainly not the only people around with dogs! Very popular spot and even more so by the time we returned to the car park ... very few spaces left at all.
Once we were done and had lunch it was off to the city centre to grab a few supplies and show us a first view of down town Norwich. An interesting mix of pre and post war architecture as a result of the damage from the wartime bombings ... apparently a water tower and the munitions factories and railheads were the targets. Three things really dominate the city centre: the Castle (see below), the Catholic and Church of England cathedrals (yet to explore). In addition we did a quick reconnoitre of the permanent markets and some of the many laneways. We also stopped for afternoon tea in cafe called The Wallows (see photo below) .. and it is true to its name; nice coffee and very nice treats to accompany, and it would be VERY easy to feel like the proverbial "wallowing"!
| The (Norman) Norwich Castle ... big square block top center. |
| Feeding at The Wallow |
Then it was back home to sit with George so he could enjoy England defeating Ireland in the Six Nations game, have some dinner and having another good night's sleep. Oh, and being the dog lover I am (not ... I will desist hereafter) here is a picture and even I have to admit she is very cute (and spoiled).
| Daisy dog |
Glad to see you arrived safely. Also pleased to see Deb ready to shop! Already jealous of the walks in the countryside...I will have to be satisfied with living vicariously...so lots of photos of rivers and trees before baby arrives please.
ReplyDeleteA special has been added today (2 Mar) as requested :).
DeleteI love the skill you show when taking photographs of nature. You certainly have a highly developed skill and great sense nature. I assume you acquired this skill with lots of practice.
ReplyDeleteAh you are very kind ... certainly getting plenty of practice and that was one of my hopes for this break - can't say there was that much before hand, at least with the quality of camera I have now - and I am still only scratching the surface of what the camera can do. Hopefully as you continue browsing you will see some improvement :). I am enjoying the practice, especially exploring the light.
Delete