I am aware I still need to fill in a bit more about our meanderings around Norwich (besides the Cathedral), but I figure this is our base so plenty of time and I'm sure plenty more meanderings. So a post will happen at some point.
If you have checked out the earlier links to Lodge Farm (and The Dairy ... my atrocious typing skills mean I most often type "Diary" ... sorry!) you may recognise the images below although the website, as you would expect, has images taken in summer so the branches are far less prominent. This serves to offer a more transparent view for you as we see it for the moment.
Two other places we have visited recently I will expand on in subsequent posts are a small town or large village (depends who you talk to) called Holt. Here is a taster - metaphorically and literally ... "metaphorically" using the image below. One of many quaint street scenes showing original architecture. Note the two obscured "windows" behind the mini. When taking this I was initially cursing the mini for blocking the view of the "cute little terrace" but as I was framing the shot I realised it offered an excellent perspective for the "little" part since we can all identify how low minis are! The left window is actually the front door - an interesting glimpse of how tall we have become :). The "literally" part refers to the second butcher shop window we walked past ... the right side of the shopfront was reserved for game. Wild boar, venison, pheasant, rabbit ... and (never seen this one before) squirrel ... looked very similar colour and texture to the rabbit ... might just have to give it a try before we leave!
Today Ruth & Sean guided us around Blickling Estate, a nearby National Trust property. We only had time for the main house but it was pretty spectacular event though not even one of the grander estates. This is what the walk up looks like ...
And finally, for now, we are being treated again this Good Friday. Ruth & Sean have arranged for the four of us to head to the Messiah on Good Friday at the Royal Albert Hall. Really looking forward that - the link above I'm sure will show you why :). So another week begins ... and we continue to wait until the bub is ready to join us and Belinda (& George) is ready when the bub is!
Life is good ... hope yours is going OK too. About to start Book #8 too.
No comments:
Post a Comment