So, we arrive at Belinda & George's this afternoon for a visit - a visit to see Maggie, of course. We did not visit yesterday, so it was an imperative today!
So, what is the "mystery"?
This (photo below) is what we found when we entered the front door. I want you to look at the photo (recognising, to be very clear, that she is in her buggy, not pram!!) and take a few seconds - or if you are like me, a minute - to ask yourself what you would want to do after you closed the door behind you ... THEN when you have your answer, read on ...
So grumpa sees a cute, quiet, sleeping new born. My brain says "don't make much noise and let her be while she is quiet and sleeping". I feel very reasonable ... not grumpy at all ... very happy for Belinda and George that they have a quiet and sleeping new born. Yes, a cute one too, but that is not anything you ever dispute with new parents :). So that is what a grumpa thinks. I also suggested to Deb it would be a good time to take a couple of photos - she did.
Here are a couple more just to emphasise the point made above.

And notice below that even after a big stretch she remained quiet and sleeping.
After taking the photos, Granma (no one says the "d" in grandma so no point including it) had a big smile and turned to me and whispered: "She is so cute; makes you just want to pick her up and cuddle her ... but I think I might get into trouble!" To which I replied "from me too!"
That was the mystery for grumpa!
Not with ANY amount of imagination can I see why ANYONE would want to pick her up and cuddle her when she is quiet and sleeping ... no matter how cute she is ... and that is testimony to why I am grumpa, and Deb is granma ... and boys will be boys and girls will be girls I guess!
But just so you know boys might be boys but we can still be gentle when they are handed to us ... we just don't pick them up when they are quiet and sleeping! To avoid any confusion, George is on the left :).

And a very nice sunset across our paddock to end the day ...





I'm with Deb.....so cute and cuddly and that divine baby smell!! She is absolutely beautiful. X
ReplyDeleteWell ... of course you are ... just confirms the mystery doesn't it! No wonder we have no clue :)
Delete