Tomorrow evening we head back. A wonderful 3 months.
I have two posts I would like to complete before we head. One I will get to now; the second, one hopefully at some point tomorrow before we begin our return journey with Sean taking us down to Heathrow. It will be about a return to Blickling Hall this afternoon to take in the estate walks as I had promised myself way back when. Then I will feel like the final page on this journey has turned. Perhaps, one very final one next week about our (hopefully) uneventful return trip.
3 month's is a long time for holiday in one "place". Early on, being the auditor I claim to be from time to time, I started keeping a list of places we had coffees, cakes, teas, meals ... it accumulated quite quickly and more recently we have returned to several of the establishments as we have revisited some of the places around Norfolk (and very occasionally further afield). There are none on the list that we would suggest you avoid ... and favourites are not worth ranking because there are too many variables contributing to the experience at the particular point each was sampled. I am even able to throw in a few pictures as well - some may duplicate appearances in earlier posts, sop if you recognise any, well done on paying such close attention when you were viewing the posts :).
In Norwich
Bill's33
The Wallow
Bicycle Shop
Guildhall (Cafe Brittania)
Workshop
Tea House (Elm Hill) - below
Pye Baker
Cafe Torer
Louis' Deli & Cafe
Biddy's Tea Room (celebrating Maggie's birth)
Sainsbury's Cafe
M&S Foodhall Cafe
Expresso Cafe
Marmalade's (Royal Arcade)
Jamie's Italian
Loch Fyne
Waffle House
Cafe W (Waterstones Book Store)
Tamarind Tree Thai
Carluccio's
Frank's Bar
Grosvenor Fish Bar
The Bird Cage
The Little Fish Shop
Stranger's Coffee House
The Moorish
Kopra
Narthex Cafe (Catholic Cathedral) - below
Other than Norwich
The Ritz (London)Sicily (London)
Tate Modern Cafe (London)
Byford's (Holt)
Chalfont's Tea Room (Hingham)
The Victoria Inn (Wells/Holkam)
Granary Stores (Ranworth)
Wherryman's (Wroxham)
Coffee Shack (Great Yarmouth)
Blickling Estate Info Centre
Sheringham Park Info Centre
Buckinghamshire Arms (Blickling)
Cromer Pier Theatre Cafe
The Boardwalk Pier Cafe (Southwold)
Harbour Inn (Southwold Harbour)
Lord Nelson (Southwold)
Swan Inn (Horning)
The Kitchen (Oxburgh)
The Cafe (Oxburgh)
Golden Lion Hotel (Hunstanton)
Fishers of Hunstanton
Cafe Ilia (Mundelsey)
The Mouse (Bristol)
Red Tandoori (Bristol)
The White Lion (Bristol)
Thai on Trym (Bristol)
Caen Hill Cafe (Devizers)
Coffee #1 (Bristol)
Venue 35 (Bristol)
The Quarry (Weston Super Mare)
Redland Tandoori (Bristol)
Thatcher's Cider Brewery Pub (Sandford)
Coal (Exeter)
The Coffee Cellar (Exeter Quay)
Fern's Cafeteria (Exeter)
The Krab Pot (Port Issac)
Fresh From the Sea (Port Issac)
Pizza Express (Newmarket)
Coffee & Co (Newmarket)
The Plantation (Grandchester, Cambridge)
Lavenham Guildhall
Certainly plenty of variety.
Looking forward to returning to our regular haunts around the north coast though ... still much better coffee than anywhere here :). And I reckon the food is fresher and the cakes nicer too ... but without trying all these I would not feel so confident saying so!














No comments:
Post a Comment